American Heart Association
ACLS Provider Course
AHA’s Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC). This course builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR.
This advanced course highlights the importance of:
- High-performance team dynamics and communication
- Systems of care
- Recognition and intervention of:
- Cardiopulmonary arrest
- Immediate post-cardiac arrest
- Acute dysrhythmia
- Acute coronary syndromes (ACS)
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE COURSE?
Healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics.
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of ACS and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
ACLS can be delivered in 2 formats to meet the needs of students and offer flexibility for Instructors. All formats include the same learning objectives and result in the same course completion card.
- Instructor-led Training
Instructors deliver both the cognitive portion of training and the psychomotor component of thorough skills practice and testing in a classroom setting.
Blended Learning – HeartCode® ACLS
Includes a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, and a hands-on session.
Original course - approximately 12 hours
Update course (recertification) - approximately 6 hours
$280 for original certification
$170 for update course (recertification)
* Group pricing available